At TRACKER we are aware of the trust you place in us when you buy our products and of our responsibility to protect your information. This policy describes who we are, why we need to collect your information and how we will use it. We will tell you who we share your information with and how we use it to improve the service we provide to our customers.
Who we are
You are giving your information to TRACKER Network (UK) Limited. Where we refer to 'you' in this data protection notice we mean the Subscriber and any employees or agents of the Subscriber who receive the Services on behalf of the Subscriber in accordance with the Agreement.
Visiting our website
When you visit www.tracker.co.uk and www.trackerdirect.co.uk we collect standard log information in order to identify the number of visitors to areas of our site and to help us understand how to improve our website. The information we collect is anonymous and in no way identifies individual information about a visitor. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source.
Your electronic information
If you contact us electronically, we may collect your electronic identifier e.g. Internet Protocol (IP) address or telephone number supplied by your service provider.
How we use your information
We will use your information to manage your TRACKER product, which may include disclosing information to insurers or re-insurers and for the purpose of
- providing you with the use of our website
- reconciling your registration details with our records of current stolen vehicle recovery users or;
- facilitating an insurance claim.
Your information includes all the details we hold about you and your transactions. We will only collect the information we need so that we can provide you with the service you expect from us.
From time to time we may need to change the way we use your information. Where we believe you may not reasonably expect such a change we will write to you. When we do so, you will have 60 days to object to the change but if we do not hear from you within that time you consent to that change.
Who we will share your information with
During the course of our dealings with you we may need to disclose some of your information to insurers, third party underwriters, reinsurers, credit reference and fraud prevention and law prevention agencies and other companies that provide service to us or you, to:
- assess financial and insurance risks
- recover debt
- prevent and detect crime (which will include sharing your information with the Police as and when necessary)
- develop our products, services, systems and relationships with you
- understand our customers’ requirements
We do not disclose your information to anyone outside TRACKER except:
- where we have your permission
- when we are required or permitted to do so by law
- where we may transfer rights and obligations under this agreement
- to prevent and detect crime (which will include sharing your information with the Police when necessary
From time to time we may require services from suppliers that are based worldwide and your information will be shared with them for the purposed of providing that service. Where we engage these suppliers we make sure that they apply the same levels of protection, security and confidentiality we apply.
Credit reference and fraud prevention and agencies
We may obtain information about you from credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies to check your credit status and identity. The agencies will record our enquiries, which may be seen by other companies who make their own credit enquiries. If you provide false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this.
Please take time to read the following as it contains important information relating to the details you have given or should give to us. You should show this notice to anyone whose data has been supplied to us in connection with your TRACKER subscription.
- We may monitor and record telephone calls in order to improve our service and to prevent and detect fraud.
To prevent and detect fraud we may at any time:
- Share information with other organisations and public bodies including the police, although we only do so in compliance with the Data Protect Act 1998.
- Check and/or file details with fraud prevention agencies and databases and if we are given false or inaccurate information and we identify fraud, we will record this.
We and other organisations may also use and search these agencies and databases from the UK and other countries to:
- trace debtors or beneficiaries, recover debt, prevent fraud and to manage your accounts
- check your identity to prevent money laundering, unless you provide us with other satisfactory proof of identity.
- Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information.
We and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example when:
- managing credit and other facilities and recovering debt
- checking details of job applicants and employees
We and other organisations that may access and use information recorded by fraud prevention agencies, may do so from other countries.
We can provide the names and addresses of the agencies we use. To obtain a copy of your information held by them, please contact UKI, Churchill Court, Westmoreland Road, Bromley, BR1 1DP quoting your reference. The agencies may charge a fee.
If you have chosen to pay for a TRACKER device or subscription by direct debit or credit card we may retain your payment details securely so that we can take your payment at the next payment date in accordance with the terms of the Agreement. You may withdraw this consent at any time by calling or writing to us.
Keeping you informed
We would like to keep you informed by letter, phone and electronic means (including e-mail and mobile messaging) about products, services and additional benefits that we believe may be of interest to you. If you don’t want us to do this, please tell us the next time you call.
If you would like a copy of the information we hold about you, please contact the Data Protection Officer, TRACKER Network (UK) Limited, Otter House, Cowley Business Park, High Street Cowley, Uxbridge UB8 2AD. A fee may be payable.
Your data protection obligations
TRACKER acts as a data processor in collecting data from your asset(s) on your behalf. You remain the data controller of this data.